Friday, January 21, 2022

Book Club Yes, Do It!

Question: Have you thought about starting a book club? First of all what is a book club? I am guessing it is two or more individuals who decide to read a book at the same time and then discuss that book. Well, my two daughters and I have done this. We agreed to meet online weekly and discuss chosen books that we all are reading and then we talk about them. We talk about what we think it means, what we think will happen at the end, and if we liked it and why we liked it. We also state our favorite character and why we like that character.

This is so fun and so exciting! Let let me know your thoughts and ideas about starting your own personal book club. Currently we are reading The Giver Quartet, by Lois Lowry. We have also included in our club a book from the Bible: Acts, which was written by Luke. You could almost say that Acts should be called Luke2.  Please consider beginning your own book club and share your views and comments. 
~ The Holy Spirit always glorifies Jesus, not people. ~ Blessings, Kathi

2 comments:

Sue said...

A great idea you have shared,Kathi, one of my goals for this year was to read more books, just haven't made time for it yet, though I am working on it.
Having this special time with your girls is one of the most memory making endeavors for you all, I have found that as our children grew up and went out on their own that our relationships changed, they weren't so accessible/dependable as they were when they were younger, this is a great way to keep you close to each other! You all will find and learn so many wonderful things about one another, Just keep going.

Thank you for sharing, and thank you for visiting and for your sweet comment!Blessings,
Sue

p.s. I apologize for not getting back sooner, I spend so little time in blogland/social media, simply because I am so busy! A poor excuse for sure! Age sure slows us down! I used to be a night owl, not anymore! ~smile~

Sue said...

BTW, the girls are so beautiful, as you are too, your smile shows how proud you are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails