Friday, September 5, 2008

Kathi's Favorite Guacamole Recipe

This is my favorite guacamole recipe. I first tasted it in an excellent restaurant in Fort Collins, Colorado, called The Rio Grande. *Wear gloves when seeding and handling jalapenos!
This is how I make it: I use all of these ingredients: 2 avocados diced NOT mashed!!, 2 seeded Roma tomatoes diced, juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1/4th teaspoon salt, 1 rounded teaspoon garlic minced, 1 white onion diced, 2 jalapenos diced and seede, one bunch of cilantro leaves FRESH!
Listen closely: The only things that go into the little Black & Decker Food Processor are the above items. DO NOT put the tomatoes or avocados in there! After processing the above,
dice the tomatoes and avocados and add lemon juice. Gently mix the avocado mixture with the jalapeno mixture with spoon, and place in a pretty dish. This may be served with Tex-Mex food or as a dip for taco chips.
Enjoy!
May God bless you today. Kathi
"The cheerful heart has a continual feast." Proverbs 15:15

11 comments:

Dana said...

that looks great. Im definitely going to try it. Thanks

Julieann said...

Okay--one word---> YUMM!!! I love fresh cilantro too.

The picture in your header is adorable--how did you get in the chair in the water without getting your magazine wet...LOL:)

Thank you for adding me to your pray list--I have a feeling that the power of prayer is really getting me through this.

((Hugs))

Julieann

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh yum! I love avacados! xo rachel

Kelli said...

Thank you so much, Kathi! I need a good quacamole recipe. I can't wait to try it!
~Kelli

Kathi said...

Thank you Mrs. Ruiz, for stopping by. I wish I could visit you too. Hugs, Kathi

Linda said...

This recipe is a keeper...thanks for sharing!

Have a great weekend with the family!

Jan Parrish said...

Sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try. (((h)))

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Yummy!! I'm going to have to try this!! Hugs, Terrie

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Thanks for sharing it Kathi. I am going to have to try it.

Rose of Sharon said...

I have tasted this and I can say that it is fabulous! Thanks for sharing the recipe Kathi! This is one of my favorite things that you make. Also, your fresh salsa is up there on my favorite list too! I hope you have a great weekend with your kids! The bulldogs won last night and Grayson got a touchdown! Kenz & Brit, Cam, and Jim and Alice were all there and we had fun! We were also celebrating Kenzie's bday!

Love ya!
Shar

pam said...

I love Guacamole. My brother lives in Ft. Collins. I'm wondering if that is the Mexican restaurant that we love to go to. I'm horrible with names. YUM---thanks for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails