Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Those Thorns and Vermin

I mustn't let slugs, thistles, mice and fails direct my day. Let's face it, some days are just gloomy. My garden is full of weeds. My office is known for mice and their ever-present droppings. You wouldn't believe it, but yet again, another mouse in my office! Sadly, it was trapped by its hind leg. I let it go, but the kittens amused themselves outdoors with him. I burnt the printer paper box which held the vermin and its mouse trap. Otherwise the poor thing would have dragged the trap to the far back corner of the furnace, it and its body to no man's land. Later I may find it or at least flies would find me. I digress. The box is needed in this house-hold to contain mouse traps and bait. Enough of that.  Slugs are eating away at my tender seedlings. I work long hours. I need to vent now and then. But, I must! I must stop and smell the roses!
What beauty the Lord has allowed us to see. He could have left only thorns when Adam sinned, but He allowed us to see and keep some of the beauty that Eden held. I have found in my own life that a sincere offer of thanks and praise, along with an honest confession, to God, through Jesus, who atoned for my sin, that I experience peace. I cannot explain this peace. I do not deserve it. I am humbly thankful for it. I can't do Covid-19 without Jesus. I cannot continue without Him. But, I can keep going because I have placed my trust in Him, and Him alone.


~ A fitting Scripture from the Bible will accompany each post. ~

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13
"...and the peace that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

  Blessings, Kathi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails