Friday, May 22, 2020

Cold Fizzy and Refreshing


Kombucha fits the bill. The reason I had the habit of drinking diet drinks was for the fizz and also to limit sugar, but they are terrible for my body; well at least some stat somewhere says that they are. I hate feeling guilty. Here is where kombucha has filled the void where diet sodas used to be. It is cold, fizzy, not too sweet, and above all it is good for me. Yikes! It's nearly four dollars a bottle, so I almost hit the brakes on that one. But, I started making my own fermented and bottled kombucha for pennies. I use my own canned grape juice for flavor and a SCOBY, which is kind of like a giant mushroom floating in a two quart covered jar brewing in a quiet corner in my kitchen. The only regular costs are the black tea bags and sugar. I learned all of the instructions from youtube. There are wonderful benefits, so I am told, and now believe. So this is what I do when I have a day off work. I hope you find this helpful information. Cheers and happy Saturday to you!

~ A fitting Scripture from the Bible will accompany each post. ~ 

"I have said these things to you, that in Me you shall have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take heart, I have overcome the world."         John 16:33

  Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

happyone said...

I still like my diet coke but don't drink a lot of it so don't feel guilty about it. :)Water is my drink of choice and I have milk with breakfast and of course chocolate cake! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails