Friday, October 14, 2016

I Need To Take Care of Myself

The school year 2014 / 2015 was very hard for me.  I was thrown into a hostile environment working with a mean teacher and misunderstood  and judged by a couple of mean parents and principal. I started getting migraines. My life seemed blurry. Was I good at anything?
I forgot to take care of myself. I quit eating. I drank too much coffee. I drank too much wine. I knew I had to get out of that toxic environment and downward spiral. The healing process was slow. The bed shook as I cried so hard at night, that is if I could sleep. I made some changes...
 I found out about green tea and I learned to like it.
 I found out that soaking my feet in warm water and Epsom salt did wonders for my well-being. Now, whenever I feel like it I soak my feet, while doing something pleasant. Sometimes I read my Bible or read a fun book. Sometimes I watch a favorite movie and knit. Sometimes I savor one tiny piece of dark chocolate.
 I rest and calm my body and count my blessings.
  I praise the Lord for my loved ones. I am trying to thank God more, worry less, trust God more, and think of others more than myself. My husband gave me a book called The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. Her method has encouraged me to get rid of things I don't need and to keep only things that bring me joy. The burden of a cluttered office has weighed heavily on me. So... I followed her ideas...
I have a little closet office in the center of my home. It has cute wallpaper...

Not to be disrespectful, but I must say that I do not follow everything in Marie Kondo's book. For example I do not thank my things for serving me. I thank my Lord Jesus, for all things. He alone deserves my praise and thanks.

 My clean and tidy office is a peaceful place now. I found my lovely leather library chair at a thrift store. It is comfortable and suits me fine.

You ask why I have a fridge and food in my little closet office? Well, now that I am eating very few carbs and  almost no sugar, plus I am eating increased fat, I keep special snacks and ingredients for my meals in here, just for me. I found a $20 mini fridge at a garage sale. It holds my kombucha bottles and avocados etc.  This little room can now be my prayer closet too; a quiet place for me to pray for any of my needs and for my loved ones. The idea came from the movie "War Room."  One more thing before I go...
I have rediscovered the joy and relaxation in reading a good book at bedtime. Thank you Lord for helping me. I still do not understand why I had to go through such a dark time, but that does not matter. What matters is that I depend on You, Lord, and look to You for all of my needs. You, dear Lord, bring me Joy!
                            Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them."

                         Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

Jan said...

Good morning, Kathi! Ever since I was young, it was important to have a small space in my world, just for me...to read, to write, to pray...to dream! I remember papering the walls of a small walk-in closet in my parents' house with maps. I was ten.

I love that you have a fridge in your space!

God bless,
Jan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails