Friday, March 7, 2014

Jessica's Senior Prom Day 3

This is day three of Jessica's prom night. When we  left off the girls were leaving with their dates to go to dinner before the prom. There was excitement and anticipation in the air. Who would be named Prom Queen and King? You will just have to wait up with Victoria and me until midnight.
Victoria says good-bye to her sister with a quick kiss on the cheek and a hug. The couples left for their enchanted evening, so Victoria and I stayed up and waited. I fell asleep around 11:00 pm. The next thing I heard was Victoria's voice as she joyfully squealed, "I knew it!" 
  
I jumped up to find  Jessica standing in the laundry room in her bare feet (she had kicked off her pumps), and a lovely crown on her head.
.
She was beaming.
What comes next, I must share with you, for it warms my heart. I love to see how happy Victoria was for her sister. The two of them sat together and went over the entire evening. While they were sitting there a friend sent a photo to Victoria's phone.
Here it is: Jessica the Prom Queen dancing with Peter, the Prom King. Yes, that's right, Peter got Homecoming and Prom King. I'm so happy for him too. I'm so thankful the friend sent this photo. I believe it is the only one taken of them at the prom.
  
These photos are a bit fuzzy, but they mean a lot to me, as it shows the bond between these sweet sisters. It's amazing how the change of events occurred. For it was one week ago this night that Jessica sat crying with Victoria about having a dress but nobody had asked her to the prom.  Here she is, the reigning queen of 2013. It's funny how life repeats itself. This exact thing happened to me at my prom over 30 years ago. I, just like Jessica, had no date a week before my senior prom, and was overjoyed that I was finally asked, and stunned to be named queen. What a special night then and now. Soon I will share Victoria's senior prom, which took place two years ago.

"So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen" Esther 2:17b 
Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

Sue said...

OH! Kathi, this is priceless! I too love seeing the bond between your daughters, just like your sisters and you, as well as my sisters.
A big Congratulations to Jessica and Peter, a beautiful couple indeed!Would love to have seen your Prom Queen photo. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails