Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One More Day To Share of Our Stay In the Portland Area


I must tell you, as a blogger, I kind of blew it. We went to this really interesting place. We stayed in the McMenamins Grand Lodge Hotel, in Forest Grove. Talk about a photo op., which, sadly, I missed. I will share with you what I did capture in photos.  Jessica and Garrett reading in the pleasant family room/ library.    What's true and hard to swallow is that you can actually have fun without t.v. Right, there are no t.v.'s in the rooms, so you are forced to talk with each other or read. We found that we actually liked each other and enjoyed hanging out and talking by the fire. This place is eerie and enticing at the same time. I wish I had taken more photos and had more of the history to share with you. What I will tell you is, that this lodge use to be an orphanage in the 1920's. Need I say more? I promise when we go back I will take pictures and fill you in.
If these walls could talk. I'm sure they would tell you whether or not this head matron was kind or strict, or both. We did enjoy the warm, lovely hot tub pool.  Also, we did enjoy being thrown together and learning more about one another.
If you want to spend time as a family, come to this place. We did enjoy it and the history we encountered. We will be coming back. I promise you, if you have an interest in 1920 circa orphanages, you will not be disappointed. Sorry for not taking photos. I was caught up with my family, which is a good thing.

 "Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,  then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind." Phil. 2:1-2

  Blessings, Kathi

2 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

Looks like such a fun time! We ate dinner last year for Hayden's birthday when he was at Pacific. The whole family traveled up there and we had a delicious meal. I would love to spend the night there.

Love,
Sharon

P.S. Your comments are turned off on your snow story, so I'll comment here...I love your new hot tub! That looks like so much fun to be out there in the snow! (could you please turn off the confirmation number thing too? ~ thanks!)

Rose of Sharon said...

Looks like such a fun time! We ate dinner last year for Hayden's birthday when he was at Pacific. The whole family traveled up there and we had a delicious meal. I would love to spend the night there.

Love,
Sharon

P.S. Your comments are turned off on your snow story, so I'll comment here...I love your new hot tub! That looks like so much fun to be out there in the snow! (could you please turn off the confirmation number thing too? ~ thanks!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails