Monday, January 27, 2014

Running Runs In the Family

My three adult children were runners in high school. Here is my office shelf with photos of each of them running. You may have seen my posts about Jessica and Victoria, but not of Harrison. My girls got to run together in both track and cross country.
Harrison was running before I began blogging, so I don't have posts about him. He ran in cross country. My kids did not participate in too many sports, but I'm so proud of them for wanting to run. They all did very well. Victoria began running in track and then added cross country. She was a short distant runner and jumper in track. Jessica began with cross country and added track as well. She turned out to be very good at long distance and went to state in both sports.
It looks like we have another runner in the family. Garrett is 12 and in the sixth grade. He gets to begin track this year!! The Nike store tests a person's gait. They check to see how Garrett was doing and help us find good shoes for him. It will be exciting to go to the track meets again. Garrett will have his older siblings rooting for him. Because I'm still playing catch up with my blog, these photos are from January 2013. We went to Portland for the weekend and visited the Nike store. Parts of the store are like a museum; very cool. This was winter time and Jessica was about to begin training for track. What shoe will she choose?
These look pretty good! They allowed her to walk around in them while she continued looking. Big sister Victoria is giving her some advice. Harrison is no longer running much, but he found some really nice Nikes. They look great on him. We had so much fun shopping together. I will show more pics. this week of that trip. I will also share more photos of both girl's sports activities.  One more thing! I want to give credit where credit is due. My husband, Stacey, is the one who started all of this running. He was in both cross country and track during high school. He suggested the idea and the kids... RAN with it. 

 "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.  He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.  Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;  but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
 Isaiah 40:28-31


Blessings, Kathi

2 comments:

Sue said...

This is priceless Kathi! I love that the older siblings went along to help! Looking forward to you sharing of what the girls are doing, I have been following you since 2008, and am so amazed at how your kids have grown, and are maturing into fine young women and men! God is so Good!!
Blessings,
Sue

Rose of Sharon said...

What a cute post! A family who run together have fun together! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails