Sunday, January 26, 2014

I'm Thankful For My Family


I love my family. We went to Portland for the weekend last January 2013. I will share about that trip this week. My sister Sharon left a comment with me about prayer. It is so good I would like to share it with you. Her words are true, and they brought comfort to me. I want to stand on God's Word and pray for his wisdom in praying for and talking with members of my family. May the Lord be glorified in our home.

Sharon's quote: "A mother's prayers over her husband and children are so important. Especially when they are for pure reasons and within God's will. God has been so good to me and I know He hears my prayers and answers them. I pray creatively and often times ask that God speak to my child about a certain issue not only through God and the Holy Spirit, but through Eric and I and/or a friend, stranger, movie, etc. The main thing is that the child is sensitive to the Holy Spirit and will respond to the Lord's promptings. I also pray that God will give me wisdom and inspiration on what to say to my kids during situations so that I can be part of the solution, not agitate the problem. God has been so faithful to me and I know He is to you too Kathi." --Sharon

"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Colossians 2:2-3

Blessings, Kathi

2 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful family photo, I am amazed at how your family has grown, and this was a year ago.WoW!
The prayer Sharon prayed is precious, I have a sister that prays for me and my family and is always there for me, as I try to be for her, I know you and Sharon have a similar relationship!
Read your last post on a praying mother, I agree with your thoughts, you have always been such an encouragment to me. I enjoy Stormies writings and have many of her books! Thank you for sharing, I am so glad to see you blogging again.
Blessings,
Sue

Rose of Sharon said...

I'm so thankful that God is faithful and been helping you and your family Kathi! You are blessed with an amazing family! I love you!

Love, Sharon
P.S. I tried to comment on the one about Garrett's joy and the option for commenting is not on there. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails