Monday, August 29, 2011

What I Really Want Is Houndstooth

The classics are always in. We find it with cars. Who wouldn't want this adorable little bug?
We see it with Elizabeth Montgomery's hair style because it's a classic cut. In light of this fact, all I want is a houndstooth jacket to keep me warm this winter. So far all I've found are black, red and gray coats, oh and one lime green. Of course I have not shopped all of the stores yet.
The houndstooth pattern is very much a classic and always fashionable.  I don't want to pay $100 plus dollars for it though.
I won't be buying a love bug this year, but I did find this houndstooth blazer for $5 dollars at a thrift store. I was delighted because it is a well known brand, in good shape and a wool blend.  I love it! The best time to shop for sweaters and jackets  at Goodwill is when it is 90 degrees outside. I had the whole aisle to myself and everything was between $2 and $5 dollars.
While I was wrting this post it occurred to me that I might be weird for liking houndstooth, so I did a search and this is what I found Mizhattan .  Look at those Marie Claire Spain shoes. She  mentioned on her blog that Salvatore Ferragamo's 2011 fall collection includes houndstooth. I'm thrilled.
Blessings, Kathi
"I, (the Lord), have led you forty years in the wilderness; your clothes have not worn out upon you, and your sandals have not worn off your feet." Deuteronomy 29:5

4 comments:

Kerin said...

You always find the best deals. You will be classically stylish come cold weather :)

Gramma 2 Many said...

You are right, houndstooth is always a classic. Great find:)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love houndstooth & I agree that it is a classic! Great find friend.

Rose of Sharon said...

I love the classic looks! Houndstooth has always been a favorite. Samantha Stevens always looked so cute and classic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails