Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jane Austen Keeps Me Company

Jane Austen keeps me company as I drive. I allow myself these two luxuries as I commute to work, coffee in a pretty cup and an audio book. I found this Pride and Prejudice at a used book store. It had not been used. The package was sealed. I was thrilled. --A favorite Jane Austen quote: "...One has got all the goodness, and the other all the appearance of it." --speaking of Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham.
I'm thankful for so many things: First and foremost that the Lord, God is with me and loves me, also, my dear family, my health, enough money to pay my bills, my cute Mini Cooper, and little pleasures like hot coffee and Jane Austen.  Thank you Lord for  your daily blessings.
Blessings, Kathi
"...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

5 comments:

Judy said...

What a wonderful find Kathi, that is one of my favorite movies to watch.

Lady Farmer said...

Looks like your 'stylin' girl! With your cute little Mini, driving gloves and pretty bracelet ~ coffee in hand and listening to P & P! Almost makes going to work fun!
Enjoy!
:~D

Elena said...

I love audio books. We check them out at the library and listen to them when we go on long trips.

Sue said...

I enjoy audio books too, and loved your thankful list.
Sue

Rose of Sharon said...

That's a great way to kill two birds with one stone. I used to listen to the Shirley Price tapes in the car on the way to work. That's one thing I miss about having a longer commute. Now that I only drive 2 minutes to work, I don't do it any more. What a great idea to have books on tape or CD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails