Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Busy Happy Girls: Baking and Sewing

Yesterday was one of the pleasant  days of summer. The weather was perfect at 79 degrees and a gentle breeze. Most of the weeding was done so I let the girls do something fun that they wanted to do.
Victoria made cookies, which turned out perfect. She is becoming an excellent baker.
Jessica wanted to sew. A week or so ago, she picked out a skirt pattern and fabric.
She is enjoying this project so much.
In the evening they went to youth group and saw Dee, their mentor and one of their best friends Abby. I love these days of summer and wish they could go on for three more months. I'm so thankful for my teens. "All the women who were skilled in sewing and spinning prepared blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine linen cloth." Exodus 35:25

3 comments:

Elena said...

That is so great! Your girls are going to be wonderful homemakers:)

Lady Farmer said...

Kathi~ How wonderful for you to have a 'built in baker'! All the fun of eating good things and none of the labor! ;~P
And I always say ~ every girl needs a sewing machine, like a boy needs a truck! (I need them both!) How can you get along without one? Another great skill and useful hobby! Nice job ~ girls and you!
Blessings!

Rose of Sharon said...

I love this post! You have amazing daughters!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails