Saturday, July 30, 2011

The More The Merrier

Last evening we invited one of my high school friends and his wife and daughter over for dinner. It's funny, we did not really know each other in those high school years, but met at one of our reunions. My husband hit it off perfectly with Michael and I the same with Eileen. We'd been wanting to have them out to our farm for months.
We decided to barbecue steaks and serve steamed potatoes, butter, garlic, chives and parsley from our garden, and salad from the garden. I also made a rhubarb pie and Victoria our daughter made a cherry cheese cake. Their little girl Michelle enjoyed playing with our son Garrett. We all had a really fun time.
We sat around the fire pit and visited until midnight. I'm so thankful for our friends. "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how life leads you to people? My husband and I went to school together but it wasn't until after graduating that we even started dating. I don't think we ever even spoke in school. Glad you all enjoyed your time. There is nothing like sitting around a firepit on a summer night.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful evening, Kathi. The dinner looks wonderful. Good company, friends osf the heart.
Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Rose of Sharon said...

What a wonderful evening with friends! You are blessed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails