Thursday, June 30, 2011

Harrison's Birthday Dinner

Harrison is the birthday boy!! It's his last birthday living at home. Everything is now a count down to his graduation and then next fall moving out. This saddens me even though I know it is normal and is the way life is. I'm preparing myself for an empty nest. I can't help but think this way as we go through his senior year of high school.
Usually when someone in our home has a birthday I make their favorite dinner and cake with favorite frosting. Since I had taken a 30 day teaching job, I was behind; in everything. I don't know how mothers work full time on a regular basis. We decided to take the family out to celebrate Harrison's birthday. So we went to his favorite Hungarian restaurant. The girls and I usually choose the chicken schnitzel. While Harrison and Stacey choose the Kolbász with sweet and sour red cabbage. Harrison, we love you so much. We are so proud of you!! I love our family dinners whether we stay home or go out. I'm so thankful for my family. I'm enjoying every minute with each family member. Jessica just found the dessert case and seems quite excited. I love these fun times and want to treasure them in my heart.
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:19-21

3 comments:

Elena said...

Happy Birthday to your son! It looks like a really fun time. The food looked really good!

Rose of Sharon said...

It looks like a great night! Happy birthday Harrison! <3!

onlymehere said...

I understand completely what you're saying. I went through all these emotions last year with Kellianne. She just graduated this year and it's been rough but my heart was finally ready. The great thing is no school shopping this month and next month! Woohoo! I won't miss high school at all for her but it didn't make letting her grow up any easier. Letting the last one grow up has been tough but I'll adapt, as all mother's have to do with time. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails