Friday, February 5, 2016

The War Within...

Some people are naturally cool. They do not even have to try. They just are. This is my sister Sharon, and she is cool and she always has been. 

 
 Some people try very hard to be seen at special plays, concerts and events. They want to be praised by others. In their hearts and minds they are saying, "Look at me! Look at me!"
Some people are unaware that others are watching. They are focused on justice.

Some people are thinking about God and on others and not themselves. 

I hope to not be trying to be the center of attention. It seems like lately that is what I have become.  The picture below is me in my prime. Oh, not today. This photos was taken 30 years ago. I was naturally and easily pretty in front of the camera. I have half the volume of hair and curls now. I do not have elastic wrinkle-free skin anymore. No, the Wrinkle Fairy visits me frequently. She brings me torments which she calls gifts.
I look more like this above photo, now. I have many wrinkles and lots less hair. My beauty comes mostly from within rather than from the outside. I want to make young women realize that our focus needs to be on God and our lives should be used to serve Him and not to serve ourselves and not for the purpose of being praised by others. This body and this world are temporary. Our real home is in heaven and it is eternal. We have lots to look forward to.  When we humble ourselves and let the Lord our God  be praised, lifted up, and blessed more than ourselves, I think we are gaining understanding of the Scriptures. Blessings, Kathi
                         2 Corinthians 4:18
"So we fix our eyes on what is seen, but on what is not seen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

                          

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails