Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home Made Planter Boxes

Today I'd like to share with you our new home made planter boxes on Show and Tell Friday at Cindy's blog Romantic Home.
My husband and I saw these great planter boxes at one of our favorite restaurants. We'd loved to create some privacy on our courtyard driveway. This is a place we eat dinner often, and feel as though we are on display.
So, off to Home Depot we go. We already have the arborvitae plants, as I bought three per year and hid behind them while I drank my coffee early in the morning, I had about ten of them sitting in pots on my drive way.


My husband built them in his shop. To lift these enormous planters, he used the front forks on his tractor.  They are 2 1/2 ft. tall, 8 ft. long and 2 1/2 ft. wide.

Harrison helped Dad fill them with dirt from the pasture/compost. They used the bucket of the tractor to bring the dirt up to the house. He put a clear coat of deck protector on the outside of the boxes.
Most of the wood is pressure treated fir. We lined them with plastic before adding the dirt. Notice that the boxes are made sitting up off the ground, not flush onto the concrete, to keep them from rotting.
It's so nice to see Harrison helping Stacey.
Here it is as seen from the road.
Also, another shot from the road. Oh, and by the way, we painted our house yellow and the shop red, but that will be another post.
I'm so thankful my husband knew how to make these boxes and had the tools to do it right. I appreciate them so much.
I love our new privacy planter. This is a favorite place to have my morning quiet time with the Lord. I love this Hymn called by C. Austin Miles. Enjoy and have a lovely day dear friends.

IN THE GARDEN
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

2 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

This is an awesome idea! They turned out beautiful and serve a great purpose! You are blessed to have such a handy hubby!

Hugs, Shar

P.S. I can't wait to come visit you sometime soon!

Elena said...

Wow, that is really nice! I love to see things like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails