Sunday, June 21, 2020

When in Doubt Make Rhubarb


So, I think I wasted 20 minutes and some gasoline Saturday morning. I should have called our local strawberry stand to see if they were out. I should have known, what all farm wives know, that when it is raining in June, we all have the same idea--get some strawberries and make jam.

Feeling stupid for not calling, I decided to make the best of it. I made a rhubarb pie for my wonderful husband for Father's Day. Now that is time well spent.
 

My husband deserves this pie. He is an excellent father. I am so thankful he is the father of my four children. God has been good to us.


~ A fitting Scripture from the Bible will accompany each post. ~ 
"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord" Ephesian 6:4

  Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love rhubarb. I usually make a cobbler when I have rhubarb. My husband doesn't like it so I have to eat the whole thing myself!!
My rhubarb didn't do well at all this year!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails