Monday, May 25, 2020

Quiet Dinner at Home



I did not know what to make for dinner. I was out of ideas, but I wanted to eat something tasty. I was hungry for chicken fried steak, but I had never made it before. Where do you go when you need the answer quickly?  You Tube said to set up one of these. 
It's called a dredge station; egg and milk on one side and seasoned flour on the other. I coated my chicken first in the egg and second in the flour, then fried it in avocado oil.  Let me tell you, things started to look and smell promising about now.

Success! This was so good! It took me back to 1991 at Hancock Elementary. The cafeteria ladies made this once a week. They served it with mashed potatoes and gravy. I was so hungry for two reasons: First I was expecting my first child, and second, the fourth grade teachers had to wait until second lunch to eat. My stomach growled as I waited in line. What a relief to eat such tasty food. I am thankful for those days I spent as a young teacher in Texas. I too, thank God now, as an older woman, who has never gone hungry. I am thankful for food and so many other things that the Lord has provided. I am so thankful to eat food that is nutritious, but is also very tasty. 

~ A fitting Scripture from the Bible will accompany each post. ~

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness." 
2 Peter 1:3

  Blessings, Kathi

3 comments:

Jan said...

I've never had chicken fried steak. I might have to give it a try!
I have learned so much from watching YouTube videos. My instant pot sat in it's carton for a month before someone suggested YouTube. Bingo!

happyone said...

Sure sounds good.

Vee said...

Looks so good! I also fondly remember a meal served when I was very hungry. My meal happened to be made by my mother-in-law and it was pork chops and fried apples.

Now, I may have to give this a try. I am running out of ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails