Monday, October 24, 2016

Halloween Barn Party

What a weekend! Our fifteen year old son wanted to have a Halloween party with his friends from school. What better place than in our barn? It already had cob webs and the fun scary elements of a creaky old building and dark stair case. As long as we had plenty of food we knew kids would show up, and they did! 
The plans began with five different kinds of pizza from Papa Murphy's. We added salad, cider, pop, desserts and popcorn.
We decorated with pumpkins, gourds, fake spiders and skeletons, and a few things from Dollar Tree. 
 Indoor and outdoor games. Don't forget the glow sticks for playing "kick the can" in the dark.


 More treats.

 Playing "Mafia" and "Signs."
What is lurking up those stairs?
Come a little closer and I will show you.
 Come now, don't be scared.


 Sorry these are blurry. My wonderful husband rented a projector and set up a screen (white sheet) for the movie, that our son Garrett chose.
The movie was, "Young Frankenstein,
with Gene Wilder 
This is funny scary not gory. It's just enough to make you jump.

 
I think the kids really had fun. There were lots of smiles and lots of laughter.
 Our son and his friends want to do it again, so I know we will. 

                                  Isaiah 41:10
"Don't panic. I am with you. There's no need to fear for I am your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you."
                               Blessings, Kathi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails