Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Always Ask For Fresh Ground Pepper

It's time for you to indulge in salad Dear Bloggers. How does one indulge? First you must use the right plate. It must be VERY expensive, but I got mine at a thrift store for just pennies.
Mine is an Eschenbach dish from Bavaria, Germany, probably made in the 1960's. Next, tell the waiter, in this case, myself, that you want fresh cracked pepper, because you want to feel special, like at fancy restaurants. Now enjoy!
Why is it that when we are at expensive restaurants the waiter acts like he is giving us pure grated gold when he brings 'round the pepper grinder? We are spellbound as he grinds the black flakes over our entree, as if we've never experienced such luxury. You owe it to yourself Dear Bloggers. Grind that pepper over your salad whether by land or by sea, or  by mobile home. You deserve it!

Blessings, Kathi

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth, the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land." Song of Solomon 2:11-12.

3 comments:

Elena said...

That looks like a yummy salad. My husband loves pepper on his salad :)

Jan said...

I got a chuckle out of this...my kids always laugh when I make a big deal out of grinding the pepper on their food.

We are blessed with such sweet memories, aren't we?

A Romantic Porch said...

Kathi that looks absolutely yummy! Salad is my favorite food. I love love love it! xo rachel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails