Monday, November 14, 2011

Savoring the Time With Our Children

I get so busy with life that I forget to stop and savor the moments with my children. After talking with my sister Sharon about empty nest syndrome and how very real it is, I went upstairs to see my kids.
My daughters Victoria and Jessica were sitting and talking and reading magazines. It was so peaceful up there. The clock is ticking and I know in my heart that these moments will soon be gone. Victoria is a senior and Jessica is a junior. I love them so much.
I get to have Garrett around for a lot longer, as he is only in the 4th grade.  My empty nest syndrome may be less severe than some women's because of having him when I was 41. He's an extra little blessing. My sister Sharon helped remind me to treasure the time with my kids. When the nest becomes empty it can hit a mother very hard with sadness. After this Garrett and I played two card games by the fire and read before bedtime. I'm very blessed and I don't take it lightly. God has given me four healthy children and I am so grateful. I know there is life out there when the kids leave the nest, I'm realizing, however that there is an adjustment period and deep sorrow that goes with it. I believe we must go through the pain with God's help, and we will be stronger and we may have grandchildren to look forward to.
Blessings, Kathi
May the LORD cause you to flourish, both you and your children.
Psalm 115:13-15

1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Your children are precious! So refreshing to see the closeness that you all share! I miss Ashley like crazy. The college adjustment has been hard at times for me, but it is encouraging that David is 5 1/2 years younger, and will be around for several more years! Thankful for that! :)

Love the verse you shared!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails