Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mom Cave

I believe that all mama bears need a "Mom Cave." Here is mine. This is where I write to you ladies and do my blogging.
This little room once held a wood stove and had many hooks upon the wall to hang wet overalls, jackets and hats. I'm quite sure many boots lined the wall as well. I live in an old farm house, which once was a dairy farm.
Back to my mom cave. This little room then became a furnace room. Don't look behind that shower curtain; I've concealed the furnace.  My friend liked my office, but said, "But you have no window."
Yes, I do. Look up here, it's way up here; the furnace air intake. Ha ha. My husband said I could add a window on the wood door.  The door would have window panes and I could hang lace curtains. That would be cute. I may do it. Then people in the laundry room could look in and see my cute office with the door being closed if I choose.
The above picture shows my "window." ha ha
If I did not have a mom cave I would find this cute table that Meg Ryan uses in "You've Got Mail."
I love my little space. It's just perfect for me. I hope each one of you has a warm and pretty place to do your blogging. Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings, Kathi "There he went into a cave and spent the night. [ The LORD Appears to Elijah ] And the word of the LORD came to him..." 1 Kings 19:9

6 comments:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Nice and cozy space ---and it is decorated so lovely! :)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Just yesterday, if flipped channels on my TV and they were building a "Man Cave" for some guy. I thought to myself, why? Someone should do a show on a "Woman Cave." Good to see you took the iniative and did not wait for a program to tell you you could:) It is a delightful room:) Maybe I should go downstairs and spruce mine up!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Just yesterday, if flipped channels on my TV and they were building a "Man Cave" for some guy. I thought to myself, why? Someone should do a show on a "Woman Cave." Good to see you took the iniative and did not wait for a program to tell you you could:) It is a delightful room:) Maybe I should go downstairs and spruce mine up!

Amy said...

Hi Kathi,
Yep, my mom cave is my sewing room. It's a mess right now, but I will enjoy the cleaning once I get started. I love your little space...it's cozy and sweet. Have a good week!

Love,
Amy

onlymehere said...

You call your's a cave and I call mine my sanctuary! I named it that bz it's so peaceful in there and I know exactly where everything is and it stays that way. It's my little corner of sanity in my crazy life. I like your space. It looks so cheery and happy. :)

Rose of Sharon said...

I love your Mom Cave!!! I'm actually a little jealous! I need one! Hee hee! You made it so cute and cheerful and I love your cookbook shelves!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails