Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Swimming In the Creek

We worked hard all morning weeding and harvesting from our garden. Now it is time to enjoy the beautiful sunny afternoon at the creek. Come along with Garrett and me on our adventure.
Of course being the mom and needing to have my own creative outlet, I brought out my cooking calendars and a few cookbooks for inspiration. Garrett gets his splash time and I get my free time enjoying him and enjoying my cookbooks.
My sister Sharon and I used to post what we were serving for dinner on the inside of a kitchen cupboard. I could never get the hang of it to do a whole month in advance, but I did well with one week at a time. She and I both did this for several years. It was fun to place stickers for the seasons and holidays. It was helpful in that we all knew what we were having for dinner, and it helped me to be more creative and not repeat meals so often.
While Garrett was resting I read to him from this missionary autobiography for kids. I want to build his faith in the Lord and I want him to know about these famous godly people. These stories are exciting and they are fact filled. The books glorify God through the lives of these missionaries.
What a fun afternoon. The girls and Harrison would have joined us, but Victoria was volunteering a a thrift store, Jessica was babysitting and Harrison was driving the combine. God bless you. Kathi
"So Naaman went down and dipped seven times in the Jordan, according to the saying of, Elisha, the man of God; and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean." 2 Kings 5:14

2 comments:

Tanya Ross said...

Oh wow, what a fun day. It looked like fun. Stay cool.

Jan said...

Jumping in the cool water of the neighborhood stream is one of my favorite childhood memories. Those hot summer days were no match for that cool water.

Fortunately for me, I have my memories. What a treat for Garret that he will also have those great photographs.

Again, thanks for inviting us into your life.

Jan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails