Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stocking Stuffers Encouraging Kids To Write Letters

This is my daughter Victoria with seven letters which all came in one day. She was so excited. She and her brother Harrison and sister Jessica enjoyed writing letters and I encouraged it by giving them all the postage they needed and buying them personalized address labels.
I ordered the address labels and gave them to the kids in their Christmas stockings. When we moved out of state the kids wrote several letters per day to their friends. I also kept the children well stocked with envelopes and stickers. They loved the stocking stuffers and the fact that they could remain close to their friends. They are still friends to this day with so many of these children. Now of course they all have email, but this was fun when they were in grade school.
"For I know the plans I have for you declares," the Lord; "plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I am sad to see less and less letter writing going on these days :( I don't write letters as often as I used to but you know what I mean!

Have a great weekend, Kathi!

Love,
Michelle :)

onlymehere said...

Fabulous idea! You reminded me too that I need to get a birthday card in the mail to my sweet aunt!

Jan said...

Love it! I was just talking to our pastor, who also writes notes...there is nothing like words from the heart by the hand.

Kudos for helping keep up a dying tradition.

Jan in PA

Connie said...

Isn't it sad that letter writing is fast becoming a lost art in lieu of texting, sugar? I loved, and still do actually, getting letters in the mail.
xoxo,
Connie

Shelldell said...

This is a great idea.
I encouraged my girls to write thank you notes for everything.
One year my youngest daughter took it on as a new years resolution to write one letter a day to someone because writing letters is a lost art.

Rose of Sharon said...

That is such a great idea Kathi. I always admired that you encouraged your kids to write letters. You are a good Mom. They will always remember writing letters and getting them in the mail!

Love ya, Sharon

Heather said...

what a fun idea. i love getting hand written mail too!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

This is a terrific idea! I miss letter writing (and especially letter receiving!). I had a post on my stocking stuffers blogs about giving stamps as stocking stuffers, especially to retirees and college students, but I love your idea of a little letter writing kit for kids with address labels.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails