Wednesday, October 1, 2008

An Evening Walk


I'm posting a few pictures from our evening walk last week. It's always a good time to hunt for arrowheads after a good rain. It rained a few days ago so come along with us while we search.
Across the bridge we go. This is our neighbor's yard across from us.
Back through our field we go.
Keep your head down and you just might find something.
This is where I found one last year.
Garrett thinks he found one.
Oh, not this time. These are just ordinary stones.
Everyone is walking across that log into what appears to be fairy land.
It makes me nervous holding my camera, but here goes.
I made it across into this little peaceful place we call "Shady Thicket." I love it down here.
This is a favorite tree of mine.
Back through to the other side of the field.
Well, now here are our friendly cows, hoping for an apple.
Garrett's going over to greet them. Thank you for coming with me on our search for arrowheads. It's supposed to rain a lot this weekend, so perhaps we'll try again. Have a great day. Kathi "Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23

10 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

Your property is so gorgeous! You are so very blessed. I hope that you guys can find some arrowheads this year! What a neat family thing to do.

I'll see ya later today!

Love, Sharon

Michelle said...

What a nice walk! I have to chuckle at how much of a 'city' person I am...'cause your walk reminds me of where our kids went on field trip at a local nature preserve! ha ha ha I think walking to me is like walking around the block in our neighborhood :)

Have a nice time with your family today!

Thanks for being such a precious friend to me, Kathi!

Anonymous said...

Your property is beautiful. I only dream of having land to roam on.
:) Judy

Elena said...

What a beautiful walk! I love the country side it lifts my spirit and brings so much joy to my heart! I missed it so much during the years I lived in S. California. Thanks for sharing you walk with us. Have a blessed day! Elena

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful walk with us. God's creation is soothing, isn't it? Family walks are fun!

Dana said...

Your property is beautiful and i like your cows:)

CIELO said...

Such a pretty place.... I love the country side.... thanks for sharing..

Hugs

cielo

Unknown said...

Hi Kathi,
Thanks for visiting my on my little blog and your kind words. You have a really lovely blog as well. I will be back for sure!

~Liz~

PS is that your gorgeous kitchen?

Sondra said...

Thanks for letting me join you on your walk. How fun! And I can't wait to see the results of your remodel. I love remodeling!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I loved your walk in the country. The countryside surrounds us, too!!
I can see cornfields and beanfields across the street. I feel blessed to live in such a peace place. I can see that you do, too!! How fun to go looking for arrowheads with your family. I love the simple life!!
Hugs, Terrie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails