Sunday, February 2, 2014

Family Bonding

I love the bonding that goes on in our family during a simple two night get away. Even just window shopping can bring about a special bonding between family members. My husband is so gracious and generous when it comes to meals out. He takes our family to quality restaurants and allows the kids to order pretty much what they want. He makes these trips memorable and truly fun.  This one is Bridgeport Brewpub. Sorry the photo is blurry. I love being with my college age kids during winter break. Victoria convinced me to buy a rust colored coat, so that I would not always be wearing black. Jessica encouraged me to buy the colorful scarf. They were both right.
 
We did not buy anything here, but sure had fun looking. Eating out again for early dinner at one of our favorite Asian restaurants, Thien Hong. We've been bringing our children here since they were tiny, as we used to live nearby.   
I get to hear how college life has been for my kids. Eating out, shopping and driving in the car affords an opportunity to remain close. I love these away times. We are free from distractions of home life, and can visit more in depth.
I just love this photo of Jessica and Garrett. It captures the joy and friendship between my children. I'm so thankful for my family and the love and laughter we have when we can be together. 

 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. " Rev. 4:11
" Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31  

  Blessings, Kathi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails