Sunday, November 27, 2011

Quick and Easy Enchiladas

One of the first weeks after school began I got in the mood to make enchiladas. I like to make shredded beef by searing a round steak on the stove, then slow cooking it in the oven in the same pot. I add onions peppers and enchilada sauce then slow cook at 275 degrees for  four hours.
I shred the beef with a fork.
I add sliced black olives, fresh chopped green onion and sour cream.
For the sauce I mix a can of enchilada sauce and a jar of salsa.
I add a small can of diced chiles to the sauce.
Next I spread re fried beans on tortillas and add the meat mixture. Roll them up and lay them seam side down in a 9x13 pan with half the sauce in the bottom. Pour the remaining sauce over and top with sliced olives, Jack cheese and cilantro.
Put this in an oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or hot.
My hubby and I decided to sit outside near our creek to eat them. It was such a lovely fall day.
They turned out perfectly.
What a nice surprise. Harrison came home for lunch when I heard I was making enchiladas. his classes were over that day at noon.
It's wonderful to have him living close enough to do this once in awhile.
He said he misses my cooking.
These are very easy enchiladas. I know they are far from authentic, but they do taste good. Have a wonderful day dear blogging friends.
Blessings, Kathi

"When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table." Matthew 7:36

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post friend...thank you for sharing...wish i could visit everyone more frecuently but are many..and the hours are different but prayers and blessings on your way..remembering the real reason for the holidays..days of peace love and thinking...loves from our home to yours...maranatha..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails