1. Use one skein Lily brand cotton yarn any color. I noticed when 3 or more colors are in the yarn they call them "Sugar & Cream," and when there are only 2 colors as the yellow and white above, they are called "Sugar & Cream Stripes." The pink, orange and yellow one is called "Sugar & Cream ~ Play Time." Each skein of yarn will make two super absorbent dishcloths.
2. One pair size 10 knitting needles
Dishcloth is worked entirely in garter stitch
3. Cast on 4 stitches and knit 2 rows even.
4. Next row: increase by knitting 2 stitches, yarn over and knit to end of row. Repeat this row until you have 43 stitches on needle.
5. Next row: Decrease by knitting 1 stitch, knit next 3 stitches together, yarn over, knit next 2 stitches together and knit to the end of the row. Continue this row until 4 stitches remain.
6. Cast off all 4 stitches at one time. If you pull the cloth at the cast off corner, it will make a nice even corner. Weave in yarn ends and enjoy!
I realized after writing these instructions here, which were given to me 10 years ago by my teacher, that I have made many mistakes in the above dishcloths in the photo. Well, mistakes and all, they are still bright and lovely little cloths that really do the job. I love them so much and I love making them both for myself and for little gifts for friends. YOU CAN TOO!
"When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet." Proverbs 31:21