Sunday, March 13, 2016

Conquer That Fear

Dear Readers, You may or may not know this about me, I have a bit of fear of what other people think of me. Christians should fear God and not man, according to Hebrews 13:6, Paul stated, "So we confidently say, 'Fear God. What can man do to me?'" You may think I am crazy, but I have not used a gift certificate that my sister-in-law gave me nearly six months ago. "Why?" you may ask. Well, because it is for a pedicure at a prestigious spa, where Kara, my sister-in-law frequently is a patron. I feel a little bit out of place. Am I the only one who puts off doing something wonderful and rewarding because of fear of the unknown? Fear of not fitting in? Fear of what they might think of my toes?



I want you to notice that my fingernails need repainting. I do need to go and be pampered a bit. In the entice package a manicure, pedicure and the sanctuary are all included. I think the sanctuary is a place to relax with candles, hot cloths and steam. I really appreciate that my dear sister-in-law gave this to me. She is so very thoughtful. I am going to do this on Thursday, and I will show photos. I am still trying to understand whether it is fear of rejection (that they might think my toes are old and ugly), or just fear of not fitting in. Both reasons are ridiculous. how many women wish that they could be pampered like this and do not have the opportunity. I will go and I will be thankful.
Blessings, Kathi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails