Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Praise God For Our Freedom to Worship Him-- Happy 4th of July

I am so thankful we have the freedom to worship the Lord our God in our country, and to take a day off to remember  and spend time with our family.
 
Our kids playing a board game brings me a smile.
My "Steady Eddie" husband, Stacey, at the BBQ. He always makes sure we have a fun 4th of July. I am thankful for this man.
This sweet couple, Blake and Victoria have been married a little more than six months. I have not posted about their wedding, but I shall soon.
.
I love spending these happy moments watching my daughter play fetch with our dog.
                      
I have not blogged in such a long time. I have missed you, my friends, and my way of expressing myself in photos and words. I have been through so much since I last posted. So many changes, within a few months. I am now at a place of true rest. I will tell you more about that as the summer goes...little by little.  My husband was able to purchase this heavy-duty used picnic table at a sale. We placed it in a spot over-looking our creek.
  
After we ate we went for a walk along the river. Our daughter Jessica was on a trip to Italy with a group from her college history class. I was supposed to go with her, but I was not given the time off work, so I did not go. I will tell you more about her exciting trip soon. We have ups and we have downs. We have disappointments and thrilling things that happen to us, don't we ladies? It's how we handle these things that matter. Do we thank God, even when we do not get what we want? Do we praise Him each day because He is worthy of our praise? God is good. Let's learn to seek His face and call on Him each day as the Psalmists did. We do not know what is going to happen tomorrow, but God does. "His Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105 Because God knows, I will trust Him for each day, even if that day brings some disappointment. It was once said that, "Our disappointments are God's appointments, for us." I would much rather believe that His plans are bigger and better than mine, and when I yield to Him and thank Him, even though I do not understand, it is then that He can receive glory, and I will be at peace and I will have joy. 

  Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

Jan said...

Kathi! I am so happy to see you posting. I know you have been through some tough times. I kept you and your family in my prayers. HE is faithful. HE holds you in his hands.

Jan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails