Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The VIP Treatment

Are you a VIP? I guess we are...or I guess we were, for a day. My husband and I got to see the game from one of those very special booths. They have supreme seats, glassed in for warmth, and food galore. There were dips and sauces, sea food, and wings, wine and soft drinks, desserts and more. We were treated like kings. We were treated like we were important. 

What would it be like to be given such regard and honor regularly? Would one get tired of it? Or perhaps forget to be thankful for it? The last game we attended we sat down in the end zone. My hands  and toes were so cold I could not feel them. Rain drizzled on us for two hours, oh, but we enjoyed the game, don't get me wrong. I appreciated the fact that we had tickets. This though was the creme de la creme. We could not get over it. We were treated like royalty.
According to the Bible God sees each of us as "very important people," to Him.
 We are part of His royal family. Let's remember that. He loves us so much. Some day we will see Him face to face. Right now we go through hard times and times of testing our faith. Some day we will be in a completely different world, where we will have no more hard times; only good and glorious times.
Remember that Jesus died for you and me, He rose from the grave and He is alive, He is coming back for you and me, and we will see Him face- to-face. You are a VIP and so am I. What's funny about this world is that we think we are important if we are waited upon. The kingdom of God sees being the waiter and servant as the important role. I can't wait to talk to Jesus about these things. Serving others has always brought blessing to me, so I know it is true, whether it be teaching vacation Bible school, or giving away my apples. If you want to be great in God's kingdom, learn to serve.

                            1 Corinthians 13:12
"What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror; then we shall see face-to-face. What we know now is only partial; then it will be complete--as complete as God's knowledge of me."

                   Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

Jan said...

When I first took the spiritual gifts test, one of my top gifts was serving. At first, I was disappointed as I had never explored the attributes of this gift.

After a while, I became thankful that God had seen given me such a special gift and started to use it for His glory!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails