Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Wedding Season Has Arrived

Hello Dear Readers. I went to my niece, Whitney's bridal shower tonight. She is such a kind and gentle girl. I was elated to see more than 50 faces attend her special evening. My sister Kelli, her mother, made all of the food, except a few cheese cakes made by friends. We dined on quiche, deviled eggs, fruit salad, veggies and divine desserts.


 This home-made card is fabulous. I have a secret desire to make cards like this. Only I was thinking about cloth and lace in addition to the card stock. Oh, and I must add, I feel like the man on Wizard of Oz who said, "Pay no attention to that curtain..." Um, Readers, please pay no attention to how wrinkled and spotted my aging hand looks. 
 Meanwhile at his assisted living home, Dad and Peaches, (the dog under the table), were patiently waiting for Mom to get back home. The minutes ticked by until  daughter Sharon would bring her back.

 Kelli and Whitney.
 Mom and me.
 Fun and games.
  Dressing guests in toilet tissue wedding gowns competition. Sadly, Aunt Sharon, the bride's other aunt, my sister, took 5th place. She teasingly threw her bouquet. Ha ha.

 I love the word "Bride" embroidered in blue on the back of this silk robe from my mother to Whitney. 
                            Revelation 22:17
"The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life."

Blessings, Kathi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails