Saturday, August 29, 2015

You Don't Know What Lies Beneath

Two loving sisters got together one day at the fair. This picture shows happy smiles on their faces. The camera does not show that behind those smiles is deep hurt. My wonderful and loving sister drove an hour to be a part of our 4-H experience. My sweet sister smiled and did not let on that she had heard some devastating news. I have learned to be gentle with people, to be kind and loving. I do not know the burden they are carrying, or at least the burden that they have asked Christ to carry for them. I love my darling sister, and I know that God is listening and hearing her prayers as He is mine. We smile sometimes when we are not wanting others to feel sorry for us or because we do not want to rain on their parade. This is a reminder that we do not always know what lies beneath. 
Deuteronomy 8:7
 For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills; a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey; a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.

Blessings, Kathi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails