Monday, August 17, 2015

There Once Was A Girl

She was a small town girl with big dreams. My mother-in-law, Vivian loved shopping and glamour.  She loved make-up and high heels.
 One day she and her college friend decided to go to town and get their photo taken. Here is her glamour shot. This portrait hung on the wall near her husband's side of the bed their whole married life. When she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease the picture hung in my home for awhile.
After Vivian married she worked as a school teacher for several years. She taught business and home economics classes for about ten years. They began to have children and moved out west to run a dairy farm.  Her life was not so glamorous during the farming days. She had to milk cows twice a day. I hope to find a picture of her with the cows to show you soon. He later years she went back to substitute teaching and enjoyed the lipstick and fancy clothes again. The Lord gave her a daughter, daughter-in-law, and three granddaughters to dress up and go shopping with. I love my mother-in-law. I am thankful she still remembers us right now.

Last month this treasured portrait of Vivian went to its new home with Kara (left), her daughter, and granddaughter (purple top). Our family said goodbye to the photo. These are the new glamour girls, her daughter and three granddaughters.
Blessings, Kathi

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

3 comments:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Your MIL was so beautiful! How wonderful that her pictures are still in the family! I find it so sad to go to estate sales or thrift stores and family pictures are available for sale! They should be treasured, as yours are! Hope you're feeling better about your job situation and adjusting well to your new routine! :) ~Rhonda

Curious Thinker said...

Hello, I found your blog awhile ago from Sharon of Rose of Sharon and just wanted to comment. Those are nice photos of your mother-in-law. I agree she was beautiful in them. Anyway God Bless.

Rose of Sharon said...

I love this post! Vivian was certainly beautiful. I love her glamour shot. I remember you did that, but I never did, I wish I would of now that I'm old and wrinkled. :) Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails