Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Lord Is My Source of Strength


I used to use these special coins in my classroom. Excited hands would shoot up to answer a question for a coin. At the end of the day the coins were exchanged for a sticker or candy. Those coins were magical. Everyone hoped for a chance to answer a question, and then earn a gold coin. I still have students from two years ago coming by to see me, and remembering those gold coins.
I have no need for the coins at present. I'm not teaching anymore. While I wait to see what God has for me, I will ponder the many things I can thank Him for. On the top of the list is that I am going to stay home, keep my home in order, go to my son's school activities, decorate, cook, sew, and garden. I will have time to blog! I have so many things to thank the Lord for.  I am still hurting and down about how I was treated, but I keep giving those things to the Lord. Some time I will share more of what happened. When I thank Him for being with me and for my new and wonderful situation, I feel His presence and His peace, and this is like getting a gold coin from Him.
“…suppose a woman has ten silver coins and she loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp; sweep the house and search until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15: 8-10

2 comments:

Rue said...

Hi Kathi :)

What a wonderful teacher you were to get your students excited to learn. I sure wish I would have had someone like that teaching me when I was a kid.

It sounds like you're doing better and I'm glad :)

xo,
rue

jen said...

I have missed your blogging so much-
So sorry it's been such a very difficult time-
I never have figured out why as women professionals we can't lift each other up instead of the counter productive behaviours often seen.

I am a nurse and we have this problem so badly amongst our colleagues-it even said on the front of one of our professional journals "we eat our young" with respect to the pervasive bullying that goes on-

Sending my prayers you heal very very soon-
Lucky family you have to have you๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’›

God Bless๐Ÿ™‹

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails