Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pray For Those Who Persecute You


There are people Satan does not want me to pray for: People who hurt me, talk about in hurtful ways behind my back, those who listen to the gossip and enjoy hearing it, and those who try to make me feel small so that they can feel superior over me.

Who do I choose to pray for? Those who hurt me, talk about me in hurtful ways behind my back, those who listen to the gossip and enjoy hearing it, and those who try to make me feel small so that they can feel superior over me. 
Could it be that the Lord does not tell us that He has assigned certain people, people who He knows will hurt us, for the sole purpose of to seeing if we will use our free will to obey Him? Could it be that the most powerful prayers are those that are prayed by a hurt person who chooses to love and pray for the one who hurt her? I am beginning to believe this to be true in my life. Blessings, Kathi
Jesus said this:
"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Matt. 5:44

Blessings, Kathi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails