Monday, February 17, 2014

My Husband Reserved the Table Near the Fireplace

This Valentine's Day my husband was planning to take me to a very special restaurant including reserving the table near the fireplace. It's tradition that we wait to go out the day after Valentine's Day to avoid the crowds. This year Valentine's Day fell on a Friday, the following day being Saturday, an equally busy date night for people. This presented a problem for my husband. When he called both nights were booked solid; not tables available. He asked me if I'd mind if he fixed me a steak dinner near our fireplace. Are you kidding? I did not mind. I loved this idea! We had fresh salad with blue cheese crumbled on top. "Mmm," both our favorite. We had baked potatoes just the way we like them, he with blue cheese dressing, and me with butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. We had perfectly steamed asparagus. Excellent steak from our own free range, organically grown beef. And to top it off, raspberry cheese cake. This was a very romantic and delicious dinner. I loved being with my husband in the beauty and comfort of our own cozy home. This evening marks 31 years since he asked me to be his wife. I'm so blessed and so thankful. He cooked the steaks perfectly and even washed the dishes. My cup runneth over. 
"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." Proverbs 18:22 
 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt. 19:4-6

  Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

Rose of Sharon said...

You guys had the best table in town! It looks like a very fun and romantic evening! Congratulations on being together so long and it's neat that the romance is still going strong!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails