Friday, January 17, 2014

A Different Town, Sunshine, Togetherness; Ah Bliss!

Sunshine and and fresh air. I find it quite refreshing. I've been known to become a better cook, and better anything, just by clearing my head. Getting away for the weekend with my husband does me good.
I appreciate my sweet husband for planning this three hour get-away. He surprises me. I did not know he liked garage sales. I found that he likes them better than I do, (chuckle). Coffee stop and good conversation. Love love this special time; just him and me. Mmmm, I don't have to cook! We stayed at a friend's rental for two nights. Toast and coffee in the morning and eating out the rest. The neighborhood pool was a perfect way to recharge my batteries. The parks and cute houses inspired me with enjoyment. This part of town is just lovely. Nice! Fun! Bringing the bikes was a great idea. Adorable! This movie makes me smile. They say that being near or watching animals lowers your blood pressure. It's true.
I have the happiest memories from this special time with my husband.
 "Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." Matt. 6:31  

Blessings, Kathi

2 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

What bliss! This looks like such a fun get-away! I'm so happy you guys got to go and relax and have fun! You are blessed to have such a great guy and a great guy and happy marriage! :)

Art and Sand said...

Your get-away looks like a beautiful spot. When my kids were little, I found that even 24 hours for a get-away could carry me through a lot of daily issues.

I have some hand sewing to finish tonight so on your advice, I think I am going to put on My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails