Friday, October 4, 2013

Fear Not

 It's funny what we do when we are children, especially when we are frightened. When I was young I spent the night with a friend. When it became dark I was afraid and became home sick. I noticed this record album at the home I was staying.  Herb Albert, was on the cover, and looked quite a bit like my dear loving dad. I kept staring at the album and it brought comfort to me.  I asked my friend if I could sleep with that record near my sleeping bag. She thought I was silly, but said that I could.
 Here is my wonderful dad at the time I mentioned. He did look so much like Herb Albert. No wonder that album cover gave security and comfort to my little heart that night.  The most comforting thoughts were about how much my dad loved me and made life life stable. I needed that reminder as I lay there in a different house than mine.
Here is another photo of my dad; this time with his dad. I see the resemblance in this photo as well. My Heavenly Father, is the one I turn to in times of fear and trouble. He comforts me in so many ways. I praise Him for being there for me, and I thank Him for giving me an earthly father who was so kind and loving to me. If you don't have a dad, or don't have one who's loving. You do have a Heavenly Father. He is yours. He will never leave you or forsake you. Cling on to this truth. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6-8   
Blessings, Kathi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails