Sunday, September 4, 2011

Eggplant: It's the New Fish

Eggplant, steamed, with garlic butter, salt and pepper has a very similar consistency, taste and texture as fish. Since doctor's orders are meat once a day, then if I have a hamburger at noon, I should not eat meat at dinner. The other night I fixed eggplant, rice, green beans, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers. We had a lovely dinner.
Blessings, Kathi
“Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him. For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, that flow out of valleys and hills; a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey;" Deut. 8:7-8

3 comments:

Happy@Home said...

That does sound like a very good dinner and your eggplant look so healthy.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love eggplant and your dinner sounds healthy and tasty!

Rose of Sharon said...

I have two in the fridge right now. Do you have a good recipe for me?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails