Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What the Hay...

Today's the day we haul the hay and stack it in the barn. Garrett's pretty excited.  My husband did not hire helpers this time, instead he paid our own kids and they did a great job. We are so proud of them.
My husband Stacey.
Harrison worked really hard and shared the heavy lifting with his dad.



Jessica did most of the driving.


I believe the final count was 647 bales of hay.
Everyone took turns driving.
Even Garrett drove when necessary.
I kept the water coming.
Stacey checking the tire pressure.

It's fun to work together as a family.


It's important to salt the bales to dry excess moisture.
Jessica did her share of heavy work.
We borrowed our neighbor's hay elevator, which was a tremendous help not only for getting the bales in, but also up to the loft.
You may be wondering where our other daughter Victoria has been on day one of hauling hay. She had suddenly come down with a fever and chills, with a headache.
"She slept most of the day, but was all well and ready to help us the next day. I am so thankful to the Lord for our healthy bodies and the strength He provides us.  I will show more photos tomorrow. “The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him."Exodus 15:2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails