Friday, August 12, 2011

Fourth of July Fun

Hello Dear Friends, I am behind in my posting, but I will keep adding pictures until I am caught up. Here are a few fun photos of 4th of July. These are my four children Harrison, Victoria, Jessica and Garrett, sitting on the bed of Harrison's truck. We took two vehicles in the parade. What fun!! My husband drove his 1950 Chevy with my Dad. Harrison, our son drove his classic pick-up with Nikki, his girlfriend, and the kids and me in back waving and throwing candy. We had a blast.
Dad enjoyed being with us and we loved having him. There were hundreds of people at the parade waving and smiling at all of us who were in the parade; talk about a boost of self confidence and encouragement. All we did was drive our old trucks through the parade, waving and throwing candy, and they praised us. I think I know how a king or queen may have felt in Biblical times. Note to self..."Don't let it go to your head. Do not get prideful." Ha ha
Lots of people shouted, "Love your bumper sticker," to our son as he drove. It said, "Hug a Farmer." Harrison was equipped with the loudest and coolest air horn and sirens, which he played for the crowd freely, and they loved. We are so thankful for the freedoms we have in the USA.
"He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free," Psalm 146:7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I love parades!!

Elena said...

Parades are a blast! It sounded like so much fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails