Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Goal Is Not to Look Taller...

 I'm only 5'2". Nothing will make me look taller, and that is truly not the goal. When I buy a summer top like this one in my size, eight out of ten times it is too long, which emphasizes my shortness and makes me appear squaty. It essentially does nothing for me.
I cut 2 to 4 inches off the hem, and voila'! Now I'm better proportioned. This satisfies me. This is the goal. If you are short like me try this and don't be afraid to buy something because it is too long. Alter it and make it your own. I have more posts coming on this with before and after shots of some clothes I've altered. Have a great weekend ladies. "And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple of the city of Thyatira, one that worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened to give heed unto the things which were spoken by Paul." Acts 16:14

2 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I was 5'2" too, but with age I've shrunk even more!

I look forward to more post on alterations, I need to alter a lot of things!

Katherine

Rose of Sharon said...

This is a great idea Kathi! I need to get more comfortable with my sewing machine. Maybe next time you come we can hem something and I can learn!

I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails