Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Last Days of School

Everyone is pretty excited! It's the last day of school! Garrett is so happy. Garrett has had two excellent teachers in a row. This has been such a successful year for him. His teacher was so good to him. I have been so tempted to fear that next year's teacher might not be as good. I have become anxious over it, but then stopped myself and asked the Lord to forgive me. I then prayed for God Himself to place Garrett in the correct classroom; the one he is best suited for learning. I have peace about this now.
I love to come and watch the buses leave on the last day. The teachers line up outside waving ribbons and shouting good-bye. The bus drivers all begin honking their horns.  The windows are down, children are hanging out of them waving and smiling their hugest smiles.

This is the last day Victoria will have to wait for Harrison. She is punctual and always on time. Harrison barely makes it on time. Every morning we had an ongoing battle with him making her late to school. Finally, we made him pay $1.00 per minute late, and that put an end to it.
Here he is. His very last day of high school, and he's on time today!
All smiles as they pull out of the drive-way. I know Victoria will really miss Harrison. They drove to school together 45 min. one way, together. I'm glad they had that opportunity to talk and be close.
I drove Jessica and her friend  Charlee to school early with guitar props and microphones. They did a skit with a group of other kids for  their last day. Jessica is not afraid to get up in front and sing or put on a play.
Here come our Harrison across the stage and getting a hug from the principal. We are both sad and happy, but very proud of our son.
 Jessica and Victoria hug their brother with pride.
Nikki and her mother Evelyn came to congratulate him as well. We were so happy they did.
I love this picture of Harrison hugging Stacey.
We are so thankful for our son graduating from high school. We had a good year full of blessings. I look forward to spending some rest and relaxation with my family during the summer." Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children." Deuteronomy 4:10

1 comment:

Rose of Sharon said...

Summer!!!! Yea! I love the last day of school! Congratulations to Harrison! He is a great young man and you have much to be proud of! I know he is going to do well in life!

Love Sharon
P.S. Are you planning on posting pictures of his grad party?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails