Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My New Motto For Style is "Cute and Modest"

As promised I'm back to share a little bit more about cute and modest clothing. Here are a few pictures of Bible teacher Beth Moore in her cute clothes. I love her costume jewelry and style.
This coat is adorable with its pink polka dots. It's a long fitted jacket, which dresses up jeans, but still remains casual. Love this pants suit, with its oh so cute ribbon. Beth is famous for her fitted stylish coats and jackets. She's darling.
Love this crystal necklace and pretty festive top. I got these photos off her DVD "Esther." I paused the TV, and did not intend to get her with funny faces, but she is very animated and cute, and to get the best photo of the clothes I sometimes got her with funny faces. Here I am in the dressing room. I shop in lots of places from Kohl's, Sears, Penney's, Dress Barn, Ross, and to Goodwill. This time for fun, I'm at Goodwill. This summer top cost $2 dollars. Yay! Although this top is a bit boxy, I only paid $3 dollars at Goodwill, so I am not complaining. I added this ribbon to pull it in and give it some shape. Sorry the picture is blurry, but here I am in the top with the ribbon, my Goodwill jeans for $2 dollars and my Dress Barn shoes for $16 dollars. There you have it "Cute and Modest.' Thank you Beth for the ideas and for being such a great Bible teacher. I have learned so much from you. I love my new shoes and was thrilled that they were 50% off. God bless you ladies. It's okay to be cute and modest. I used to think I was sinning if I looked stylish or pretty. I used to go around looking dowdy thinking that somehow this was being more "holy." I believe if my heart is right with God and that I am humble and willing to glorify God, I can still be cute. I asked my husband one time if he wanted me to dress in unattractive clothing so that other men would not look at me. He said, "No way. I want you to look as pretty and stylish as possible, as long as it's for ME."Now, I am pleasing not only God, but my husband too, and I get to be happy also.
"Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another, just as you are doing."1 Thessalonians 5:11

19 comments:

Jocelyn said...

My husband doesn't like it when I dress too " boyish" I dress cute when I go out with friends, but i dress pretty simply for everyday.
I don't like short skirts or tight jeans, I never wear tank tops in public. But I do wear peep toe pumps, hubby seems to love those!

luvmy4sons said...

Cute and modest. You sure seem to be both! Awesome!

Linda said...

Beth Moore is a wonderful role model and I like her and style. You look great and I love the way you used the ribbon with your cute sweater,......hugs, Linda

linda said...

From what I've seen, you always look adorable, and modest! Your new finds are stylish and look terrific on you!

I'm very modest in my dress as well, it's the way I was brought up.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a wonder post. I enjoyed it very much!

Judi

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Kathi! Sweetie this is such a great post. I love how you added the ribbon to that top and made it look completely different. You're just such a cutie pie! I too am a modest dresser, that's just me to be like that, and I feel more relaxed that way. My husband also likes it that I do dress in a modest fashion, but he still likes me to look as nice or pretty as I can.....and feminine. Thank you for talking about this sweetie, once again I feel like we are very similar in our approach to things, and that's a nice feeling because I believe you to be a very lovely and down to earth lady. Wishing you a wonderful day my dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Heather said...

I love your new outfit you put together! Adding the ribbon was perfect. And you can't beat the price either! Beth does dress really cute while being modest too.

~Joann~ said...

Kathi~ LOved your post about cute and modest. I also love Beth Moore, I seen her in person a few years back and she is such a woman of God and you are right very cute and modest. Me being overweight quite a bit I don't think I can pull off "cute" but I do always dress modestly. I have recently been buying some more jewlry and earrings since my daughter started selling Avon and putting more thought into my appearance for my husband and me only! Not to be noticed by anyone else. I like the green shirt you got especially with the bow and you most certainly look both cute and modest :)
Thanks for you post and your blog I enjoy it everyday.
Blessings,Joann

shamrock fields said...

Kathi-
I love your post, and your outfits! You look adorable! That is a great topic to post about. Thank you for your sweet comments about my blog problem. I have reported the bad comment to google. I have been trying to trace it as well. Blessings-
Molly

Elena said...

Amen to that! Thanks for sharing this post.

Cindy said...

Hi Kathi, great outfit you put together there. Cute and modest. I am also working on overhauling my wardrobe. I tend to get stuck in a rut and wear the same things. It's amazing how just the right accessory can pull a once mundane outfit together. Thanks for sharing. I agree, Beth Moore is wonderful and her style is too. We could all take some lessons from her in that department. The world would be a prettier place. :)

Hugs,
Cindy

www.homesimplehome.blogspot.com

Mommy Kennedy said...

Coming by through SITS. LOVE how you find the bargains at thrift shops. I love thrift shops too!

Great idea adding the ribbon to the "boxy" shirt to give it some shape.

Brenda Eason said...

You look so pretty! I love the summer top. Now you have me wanting to go thrifting lol.

Julieann said...

You are absolutely beautiful:)
Love this post!

Julieann

A Romantic Porch said...

Kathi, I think you and I could probably talk for hours on this subject...recently, my husband thanked me for always trying to look cute and stylish...he knows I dress for his eyes only and I'm a modest girl too! xo rachel

Sharon said...

She is super cute and a good role model for us "middle-agers" I love the little bow you put on your sweater, it looks really cute. This was a really cute post!

Love, Shar

jennifer said...

You totally pulled off "cute"! You look lovely!

Lonna said...

Love those shoes Kathi. So cute! I need you to help me with my blog, glam it up a bit. Check it out and maybe give me suggestions? Thank you!!! ~Lonna

Karen Whiffen said...

aweosme. same here. My hubby don't like tank tops . Love how your modest. bless you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails