Monday, January 4, 2010

If I Taught Full Time, My Favorite Job Would Be...

We never know what the future holds. If, and I say IF, my husband were to lose his job, we would be without health-care. We would have to do something...FAST. If I were to work full time to help with benefits, my favorite job would be...Full Time Kindergarten Teacher.
Maybe it's because I have Miss Daily, (my little puppet helper). They listen to her and obey LOL. Or maybe, it's because I am so short. Miss Dailey, oh, what would I do without her? She helps me connect with my lil' kindergarten children.
We just heard that another person from my husband's employer lost his job. I am so sad for him and his family. I do not worry for the future, but I do plan and I do PRAY. God will see us through. God bless you if you just lost your job and may you find another soon. God bless your current job and may you keep it for a long time. If I should find the need to work to bless my family, I pray it will be full time kindergarten, but I will be thankful for what ever the Lord provides. "How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, Oh God! How great is the sum of them." Psalm 139: 17

7 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

It is hard to not dwell on the prospect, isn't it? Stan is self employed, but all of this affects us directly too. If a person does not have a job, they cannot come to him for care. If Boeing pulls out of Washington, we will see huge changes.
I have started making small changes in the way I do things just in case.
Stan always reminds me of the Bible Verse that says He even cares for the birds. I do not have a Bible here with me, so I cannot look up the direct quote, but I am sure you know the one I mean.
Being a Kindergarten Teacher would be my choice too.

Rachel said...

Hi Kathi,
Thanks for dropping by my blog.
It is so true that things are so uncertain in this world. The only thing that we can be certain and trust fully is in God. He has and will never fail us.

Here is one of my favorite verse from Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Michelle said...

You've got such a great attitude, Kathi, and it makes such a huge difference in any situation! Isn't it wonderful to have the peace knowing God is indeed in control of every aspect of our lives and He has a plan for every single one of us...now that's worth celebrating, isn't it?!

Happy New Year to you & your sweet family! I'm sorry I haven't been in touch...you know life has been pretty crazy around here!

Christie said...

Hi! Being a kindergarten teacher is #1 on my list of favorite jobs too! :)

To answer your question--yes, my family blog is new. I have had the digiscrap and homeschool blogs for a while. My personal blog is on Xanga but decided to put all three together.

Heather said...

the children would be blessed to have you :)
praying your hubby continues to flourish in his job.

Elena said...

Kathi, Your puppet is so cute and such a great way to connect with kids. I know my daughter has a favorite little stuffed dog called Tutu. When she lays down for her nap, I tell her that Tutu has to take a nap too and that makes it easier for her, as she like most children, do not like to take naps. I pray for financial blessing for your family. I know our Lord is such a good father taking care of our every need!

Molly's Art Designs said...

Hi Kathi--
We have a lot in common. I have just been working on having my educator's certificate reinstated. I had to order transcripts from my colleges, and have found out that they are so old they have been archived!!! I was an Elementary school counselor for three years(I used puppets too!) We moved so much because my husband was a Marine, so my work and school records are kind of complicated!!! I am not sure if there are many jobs available though! I really like staying at home, but I kind of feel like I should work again. In a couple of years, we will have 2 in college!!! Blessings & Happy New Year!!!
Molly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails