Monday, December 7, 2009

My Christmas Coffee Cups

I'd like to share with you my Christmas coffee cups. My sister Sharon got me started collecting a variety of fun cups. We both enjoy a medley of colors and styles, so what's better than finding these for pennies at garage sales and thrift stores? It's fun to wake up in the morning and have my coffee in a different cup each day.
This one is so sweet with Jingle Bells written on the side.
I never allow this one to go through the dishwasher.
I found quite an assortment of Christmas glassware. I like this pretty juice glass.
This one is pretty and has a green interior. There are lots of these vintage Christmas cups at thrift stores, so I loaded up on them on the day after Christmas half price at Goodwill sale. I change out my regular fun variety of coffee cups for my Christmas cups, so that everyone is always drinking out of one for hot cocoa or coffee.
Some of the 1950's vintage cups are a bit prettier than others. I like this one.
My sister Sharon has some of the better quality versions of my vintage set.
I like this style because they stack in my cupboards by two's or three's.

This black one is special to me because it is the first one to start my collection. I just loved it when I saw it and paid a quarter for it at Goodwill.
I love my little Santa cup. I enjoy setting some of my cups around the house with candy canes in them.
One of my favorites is my kitty cup. I did a post more than a year ago about my everyday collection, which you can find here. I hope you all are enjoying this Christmas season.
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; Psalm 23:5
my cup overflows."

23 comments:

Connie said...

Very festive, chick!
xxoo,
Connie

Abatevintage said...

The coffee cups are so delightful what a fun collection.

Have a great week.

Blessings

-·=»‡«=·-Heidi-·=»‡«=·-

Heather said...

what a fun collection! those are so cute and festive!

Shelldell said...

You have a lovely collections of Christmas mugs they are so festive and fun.

Elena said...

I love your collection. They are so festive and fun! I have a few Christmas mugs that we use, but it would be fun to go thrift store shopping and pick up some more! God bless your day! Elena

Linda said...

Kathi, you have a darling collection of Christmas mugs. I have a small collection too and love using a different mug each morning...sometimes there will be a favorite one I'll use for several days. I have an Egg Nog mug too and treat it with care, for some reason I just love your Jingle Bells one. Doesn't everything taste so much better in a favorite cup? hugs, Linda

Brenda Eason said...

Love the collection. I usually take down my regular glasses and cups and put out Christmas. Not sure this year is gonna be to productive. I love the Egg Nog cup!

Cindy said...

wow, what a assortment of mugs you have. A different one for each day of the month leading up to Christmas. :)

I love the Eggnog one, I would love to have the whole set that goes with that mug, do you have the Eggnog set too?

Thanks for sharing.
Christmas hugs,
Cindy

Rose of Sharon said...

They are all so cute! I always feel silly and a bit shameful when I pull all of mine out. I feel like I'm frivolous and wasteful with my money, but once they are all in the cabinet and the "regulars" are tucked away, it is so much fun to have a new Christmas mug every morning! I love it! You have a wonderful collection!

Love, Sharon

Brittany said...

Cute, Kathi! :) I like the Jingle Bells one.

candy said...

hi kathi :)
it was so nice to get a sweet comment from you the other day..thanks for poppin by :) your so sweet! i hope all is well and that you have a lovely Christmas! :)

big christmas hugs,
candy :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Kathi sweetie! Your Christmas mug collection is so lovely! Do you know what, both you and Sharon inspired me last year to start collecting Christmas mugs from the thrift store, and all this year I have done that. Now I have a really big collection of mugs and glasses for everyone to enjoy here too. Thank you for being such a wonderful inspiration in more ways than one!

On another note, I wanted to thank you for your family Christmas card. It arrived today sweetie and it's beautiful. You have such a lovely family Kathi. Thank you for thinking of us!

Hugs for you.........
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Liz Harrell said...

Love all your fun cups! And I love that they dont match. :) My kind of holiday.

Thank you for your prayers yesterday, may God bless you and your precious family.
Hugs,
Liz

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I looooooove your Christmas mug collection! As my mother used to say "adrooable" ;) What great prices, too, you got them for. That does make them even more wondie. The little black kitty on the one mug looks just like our Ursula.
Happy Christmas~

Judy @ daily yarns said...

Oh Kathi what a neat collection. I love them all.

Sewn With Grace said...

Just found your blog through SITS, what a blessing! I just finished the Beth Moore Esther study last week and love her studies. So glad to find a kindred soul, be blessed!

Tanza said...

Hi Kathi,
I just LoVe your collection !! It's soo fun to LoVe and collect things that tickle our hearts .. to find them at such a wonderful price, EvEn BETTER !! We too, have pretty coffee mugs for Christmas, and it's soo fun to cozy up with one, and watch tv .. sooo festive !! I'm soo happy you stopped in to say hello .. To meet another Jesus lovin' friend, EvEn Better !! God is good my friend, and I'm so hoping you are feeling HIS LoVe and pEacE at this most SPECIAL time .. Have a wonderful day ~~
hugs ~tea~xo

Dana said...

I love your collections all of them that you have shared in the past. I wish I had room to store trinkets. Thanks for stopping by my post. I guess if your cows and chickens are okay my cats will be:)

Jan Parrish said...

Merry Christmas Kathy! Thanks for sharing your collection with us.

Holly said...

Quite an array of cups!

nannykim said...

All I could say was Oh, oh, oh oh!! I love this idea. I wish I had thought of this !! I did get one this year and I am drinking out of it every day--but I so like the idea of a collection!!! Yours are so pretty! Love the glass ones!!!

Maura said...

I found some Christmas mugs at my local thrift store yesterday and thought of you. You have such a cute collection:)

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! These are so cute. I really want some Christmas dishes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails