Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm Starting A New Beth Moore Bible Study: Esther

Each morning I look for some time to read and study my Bible. I like to devote at least 45 minutes to this. Sometimes I set my alarm to 4:15 am just so I can do this. Other times I have the day off and wait 'til the children have left for school. The Lord is faithful and teaches us something new each time we ask Him and purposefully look into His Word. I'm amazed at how I continue learning new things from the same passage read many times over the years.
I just finished this Bible study by Beth, called The Patriarchs. It took me nine weeks, as I did not have the video disks to view, so I finished sooner than those who have them. I think I can buy them off the Internet, and may do that some day. I just loved learning and studying my Bible with the help of this guide. Beth brings the Scriptures to life and points out things that are there, which I have passed over. She will say things like, "In what order were the sons of Joseph named in Genesis 48:1?" The answer is Manasseh and Ephraim. Then she asked, "In what order did Jacob speak their names in verse 5?" The answer is Ephraim first and Manasseh second, in accordance with his blessing which was a prophetic blessing, which was appropriate and had long-term effects. The questions she asks cause me to go back and re-read the passage and absorb the information in a clearer way.

I like Beth's humor through out her study guides and in her chapter titles. If I have not convinced you to study along with Beth yet, I hope this post will intrigue you and give you inspiration to consider it. "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12-13

5 comments:

onlymehere said...

I feel for the road you're embarking on. My father had Alzheimer's and lived with us for awhile. He also was on dialysis and in very poor general health. It's a very hard thing to watch and to help be a caretaker of. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you for your devotion to her. I haven't been around too much either. My son is getting ready to leave for two year to serve the Lord in the mission field. There's much preparation and most importantly much preparation getting my heart ready to let him physically go for so long. I know he's doing the right thing but I'm missing him already and he isn't even gone yet. God bless you and your faith. You have such a sweet soul.

Heather said...

I like Beth Moore too. I'll have to check into this study. Sounds like another good one :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Kathi my sweet friend, you inspire me more than you will ever know. Enjoy your journey, Beth Moore is wonderful!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Elena said...

Beth Moore studies are awesome. My sister is doing the Esther one and just loves it!

Sharon said...

I am so hungry for a good Bible study. I should get this one. I am hoping that if we join the little church we are visiting that I will be able to join one.

Love, Sharon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails