Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Off To A Good Start: First Day of School

It's that time of year again. I'm always a bit melancholy when summer is over. This is our second year of having all four of our children enrolled in public school. Last year I had a very hard time with this and I cried. This year I am doing much better.

The older kids wanted to get an early start. Victoria is checking one more thing before getting into the car.
Harrison looks ready and excited for his new fall schedule.
And off they go. I will miss this so much. We had such a good summer. It's hard to believe it's over.
Jessica and Garrett are also ready to go.
One last hug for Daddy before leaving.
Garrett has a very kind and compassionate teacher. I am so thankful. I prayed for this during the summer and God answered my prayer.
I'm home missing my kids, but enjoying the quiet too. I will keep busy and can some peaches today. I will plant these pretty flowers today or tomorrow.


I just started reading in my Bible about the Patriarchs found in Genesis. I love this time to be with my Lord and learn new things from His Word. I'm already enjoying some new things. I love God's Word and I am so thankful that it is so readily available to us. Well, the kids are now home, and my peaches are canned. I can't wait to hear how their day at school went. Bless you Dear Friends and I hope you are all enjoying the pretty fall weather ~ Kathi

"The God of peace be with you" Phil. 4:9

2 comments:

Heather said...

aww, i love your photos. i can't believe how dark it is when the older kids head out to school. i remember those days! i'm glad they are all happy and excited to start the new school year. i can only imagine how sad it is for you after a wonderful summer together.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I can't believe Summer is over either. Wow, looks like it's still dark when they go off to school there....I hope they get home early as well!

Hugs,
Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails