Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Breaking Free

This kitty's face shows how I felt several months ago when I snapped this photo. I saw the kitty in the window and thought, 'this is how I feel and it would make a good post someday.' I felt so discouraged that day that I never put up the post.
. Since I have always turned to the Lord in these times and He has always been faithful to bring me through and lift me up, I thought I'd share about it when I was feeling good for a change.
I do believe many of the down times come from discouraging thoughts; not always, but sometimes. Some of you are going through hard times. Many difficult times make us feel like there is no hope. I want to recommend this workbook by Beth Moore called Breaking Free. It has changed my life and I have been able to get out of those terrible dark cloudy days (inside my head), by reading my Bible and praying and with the help of Beth Moore.
I am going to go right now and read my Bible before the kids wake up. I need the help of my Heavenly Father, just to get through each day's trials and troubles. He will help me and He will never leave me. Every problem He allows into my life is an opportunity for my faith, which is worth far more than gold, to grow. I am sorry if you are going through struggles and difficulties right now. I hope you can find strength and encouragement in the Lord and His Word. Love, Kathi "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee; and thou shalt glorify Me." Psalm 50:15

18 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

AMEN!

luvmy4sons said...

You are such a sweetie...and as I know that I MUST start school today and look out at the dreary world...dark and gray and cold...I feel like your cat! But this sentence really hits the nail on the head:"Every problem He allows into my life is an opportunity for my faith, which is worth far more than gold, to grow." Amen!

Carol said...

Beautiful post Kathi! Thanks for sharing your heart!
Hugs,
Carol

Sharon said...

I am so glad that you are feeling encouraged, not discouraged right now Kathi and that this study has helped you so much with that. Praise the Lord! He is the answer! I would like to get that book too. I love you so much dear sister! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love, Sharon

Brenda said...

Great post and I do feel like that kitty looks. I will have to see about that book.Glad you are feeling well enough to post this.
Brenda

Kelly said...

Good Morning Kathi and Happy New Year!
It is very true that starting the day reading His Encouraging words is far greater then any riches....Michelle and I have talked about going through struggles and how do people that do not know the Lord must feel to not have that faith to lean on that comforting feeling to know all he has done for us. It is those that I pray for that they will know his Grace. I just love reading your posts, you are a good friend, you are in my prayers too!

Love,
Kelly

onlymehere said...

I'll have to pull up this book on Amazon and read more about it. My scripture study time renews me also. It helps to put everything in focus for the day. I love it when you share your faith, it strengthens mine. Thanks for this post today. Cindy

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Both yesterday and todays post are so empowering. Thanks my friend:))

Heather said...

hi Kathi. this was a really nice post. thank you so much for sharing.

nannykim said...

I loved that Beth Moore study--I used the workbook by itself and it was good.

Also Elizabeth George said that controling her thoughts was what really solved her problem with depression. Her book on this was called, Loving God with all of your Mind. (She has others --loving God with all your heart--etc, but the one on the mind particularly dealt with the subject of depression)

I did the book by Omartan (spelling?)--about the Power of a praying woman and the Power of a praying wife. I have read the first and it was wonderful, I haven't read the second one yet.

I am alos reading The Love Dare--and that has been a real blessing so far!!

May you have a blessed week!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Kathi, This was a beautiful post. I am so glad to have god in my life. I am able to turn everything over to him. He know just what I need. Hugs, Terrie

Judy said...

What a beautiful post Kathi. I so enjoy visiting your blog.
Hugs,
Judy

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging post, Kathi. I am glad you are feeling better :)

Hugs,
Shell

Sweet Nothings said...

Great post Kathi! That was so encouraging!

Love you!
Brittany

I will check out that girls blog! That would be fun to do soup's on Saturday...although I don't cook soup that often! :)

Jan Parrish said...

Even kitty knows what you need. Or perhaps someone whispered in his ear.

There has been a lot of transitions for you this year - do you think that has something to do with your discouragement?

I suffer from SADS (seasonal affectation disorder syndrome). I blogged about this recently.

I'm happy to hear you are doing better. Hugs, Jan

Pearl said...

Sweet Kathi... Thank you so much for this wonderful post... The timing is perfect for me... I especially liked where you said... "Every problem He allows into my life is an opportunity for my faith..." I really really needed to hear that, and I will try hard to keep that in mind... May our Father continue to bless you in countless ways...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

Carla said...

Thank you for this post! Reading and alone time in the morning is the answer to my desires:) (I have that kitty, and that 'tude)

Tiffany said...

It always makes me feel so encouraged and not alone when another woman shares that she too walks through struggles, discouragement and trials.

I may have to try that book too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails